More than a million people go on holiday a year whether it’s in the UK for a short break or off out to the sunshine on a sunny beach or the snowy alps.
Almost everyone buys health insurance for a holiday but do you ever think of your teeth and what the cost would be if you have to see an emergency dentist abroad?
This is where denplan can lead to plain sailing and give you that little bit of extra peace of mind. For an extra 60p on your plan you can opt in to be covered by their denplan dental insurance. This supplementary insurance will give you added protection for any unexpected dental emergencies which can occur when you least expect them.
These plans provide up to £450 per incident for overseas emergency temporary treatment, and if you are 40 miles away from your regular dentist and can’t get to them, denplan also has you covered.
Here are a few examples of what this supplementary insurance can cover you for:
- Treatment needed as the result of a dental injury
- Out-of-hours dental treatment following an injury or emergency
- A hospital cash benefit for overnight stays
- Worldwide emergency dental cover
- Up to £12,000 for mouth cancer cover
Unfortunately, there are several things these plans may not cover you for:
- Treatment for which you are referred to a specialist
- Laboratory fees for crowns, bridges, dentures, etc.
- Cosmetic work such as teeth whitening and veneers
- Dental implants unless you purchase extra cover
- Orthodontic work
- Mouth cancer that was diagnosed or where consultation began before or within 90 days of your plan commencing
Denplan do all the leg work for you in finding you a local dentist, you can use their 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline team and they are always on hand to give you that guidance and advice on the best course of action in the event of a dental emergency. They will also be able to let you know what treatment would be covered and advise you about reimbursement.
Before taking out any cover come and visit the dentist at Springhill dental practice and we will love to look after you for all your dental needs.